
How you going mates? (the traditionally aussie greeting) Well "O Week is coming to end and let me tell you, it flew by. I have had so much fun in the past week I can't even begin to explain it all or tell you everything I have experienced.
Thursday the Uni Bar had a rockstar party so all of dressed up in our rocker outfits and went there. It was a lot of fun seeing all the crazy costumes and meeting more people. We told everyone it was our friends 21st birthday (even though it wasn't) just to be funny and a bunch of people were excited about it and we were hoping he would get some free drinks out of the deal...haha that part didn't really happen.
Friday (today) we had a pool party at the Lismore city pool. They had all these cool blow up things to climb on and run across to see how far you could get. It was a great to be outside again and enjoy the sun. It seems to rain here everyday at some point but it usually doesn't last too long. A bunch of us decided to lay low tonight and watch tv instead of going out to the foam party at the night club because we decided it was best to let our bodies rest and be able to relax for a night. I am actually looking forward to classes starting and things calming down a bit during the week.
Earlier in the day I went with Peta and Sarah to the mall to get my new phone (it finally works!!) and some other stuff and an older Australian lady came up to me and asked me if I had ever seen the movie the notebook. I told her I had and then she proceeded to tell me I looked like the character in the movie and that I was "very handsome." Haha I laughed and thanked her. It's funny how people in Australia just kind of say it like it is and compliment others a lot. They are a lot more helpful and socialable around people they don't know and I like that a lot. It's so funny to see people walking barefoot everywhere and greeting everyone they see. Getting used to riding in cars and driving on the wrong side the road has taken a while. I still feel a little sick every time we go somewhere because the roads are reall curvy and they don't really use stoplights it's all "round abouts."
The usual group of us that all hang out are planning some trips to Byron Bay for a weekend of surfing lessons. We're also planning a long weekend trip to Sydney and As of now are planning on going to New Zealand together before we all fly home in June. I have met so many amazing people on this trip so far it's hard to believe I have known them for only a week. We all are one big family pretty much and take care of each other and watch out for one another. It's refreshing having people you can trust so easily.
I am definitely missing the American food and air conditioning but it's all part of the experience I guess. I am putting off laundry as long as I possibly can because I am not looking forward to paying for it. haha.
We are going to a wildlife zoo tomorrow so hopefully that will be a lot of fun. I will post some pictures up from the rockstar party and pool party soon and include some from the wildlife zoo as well.
I haven't figured out my flickr account yet for you Mom and Dad but hopefully the pictures on here will work.
I miss you all and love you guys!! Hope all is well with all of you and I can't wait to get back and hear what everyone has been up to!
Cheers, Keegan
Thursday the Uni Bar had a rockstar party so all of dressed up in our rocker outfits and went there. It was a lot of fun seeing all the crazy costumes and meeting more people. We told everyone it was our friends 21st birthday (even though it wasn't) just to be funny and a bunch of people were excited about it and we were hoping he would get some free drinks out of the deal...haha that part didn't really happen.
Friday (today) we had a pool party at the Lismore city pool. They had all these cool blow up things to climb on and run across to see how far you could get. It was a great to be outside again and enjoy the sun. It seems to rain here everyday at some point but it usually doesn't last too long. A bunch of us decided to lay low tonight and watch tv instead of going out to the foam party at the night club because we decided it was best to let our bodies rest and be able to relax for a night. I am actually looking forward to classes starting and things calming down a bit during the week.
Earlier in the day I went with Peta and Sarah to the mall to get my new phone (it finally works!!) and some other stuff and an older Australian lady came up to me and asked me if I had ever seen the movie the notebook. I told her I had and then she proceeded to tell me I looked like the character in the movie and that I was "very handsome." Haha I laughed and thanked her. It's funny how people in Australia just kind of say it like it is and compliment others a lot. They are a lot more helpful and socialable around people they don't know and I like that a lot. It's so funny to see people walking barefoot everywhere and greeting everyone they see. Getting used to riding in cars and driving on the wrong side the road has taken a while. I still feel a little sick every time we go somewhere because the roads are reall curvy and they don't really use stoplights it's all "round abouts."
The usual group of us that all hang out are planning some trips to Byron Bay for a weekend of surfing lessons. We're also planning a long weekend trip to Sydney and As of now are planning on going to New Zealand together before we all fly home in June. I have met so many amazing people on this trip so far it's hard to believe I have known them for only a week. We all are one big family pretty much and take care of each other and watch out for one another. It's refreshing having people you can trust so easily.
I am definitely missing the American food and air conditioning but it's all part of the experience I guess. I am putting off laundry as long as I possibly can because I am not looking forward to paying for it. haha.
We are going to a wildlife zoo tomorrow so hopefully that will be a lot of fun. I will post some pictures up from the rockstar party and pool party soon and include some from the wildlife zoo as well.
I haven't figured out my flickr account yet for you Mom and Dad but hopefully the pictures on here will work.
I miss you all and love you guys!! Hope all is well with all of you and I can't wait to get back and hear what everyone has been up to!
Cheers, Keegan

Yay I'm so glad you're enjoying yourself! You'll have to get me either your room phone or cell phone number so I can call you!! Have an amazing week and as for the rain, get used to it at the beginning it will continue to rain for a bit but then sunny 20 min later! love you and miss you heaps mate!
ReplyDelete